Pages

17.5.10

your love is my drug.




your love...is my drug.

Revolutionizing the words 'pop music', Ke$ha has defined a certain type of style to flaunt when singing about guys, partying and drinking. She's redefined the recipe for teen bop music, throwing in a crap load of glitter, feathers, leather and cowboy boots. Not to mention nose rings. Her girly songs have turned out to be not so girly, especially when she mentions being a 'love sick crack head'.
I'm not criticizing Ke$ha, I absolutely love her. Yes, I admit it. I've sung along to this song many times in the car when I'm bored driving on the highway. It's catchy, and the words stick in my head, possibly like the boy she's singing about.
'I just can't get you, off my mind'.
ugh. I'm quoting the song from memory. ON TO MY BLOG.
That's how bad it is. I am in love.
Not just with her songs, but her style too.
Who else in their right mind would pair random pieces of jewelry together like she does, and still look absolutely amazing? (In a boho I don't give a *%$& way...)
She has attitude, and it shows with her clothes.
I'm in lust...
However, this video is quite ridiculous, taking place in the desert, complete with elephants, muskrats?, and tribal dancing. Not to mention a guy that slightly resembles Jesus...

what?


Ke$ha is also extremely talented in training elephants.
This scene was filmed impromtu whilst at the African Lion Safari.
She was advised not to leave the car, but she insisted.
Thank goodness she did, or else we wouldn't have the pleasure of watching her ride an elephant in yet another tribal inspired outfit....


Ke$ha also decided to show of her native dancing skills.
Complete with warrior paint.


Call me crazy, but is this glow in the dark neon tribal dancing?
Let's throw in a couple of Mayans and we'll have a prelude to the apocalypse of 2012.

Who knew tribal warriors were educated with microphone technology...


ARTICLE FOR 'INTERVIEW MAGAZINE'
Below are some snapshots of Ke$ha's tribal instincts surfacing. (Pictures featured in the magazine)

Dirt under fingernails... shudder...



Taken from 'Interview Magazine':

When asked about flaunting her eccentricity, K$ responds, “None of it’s fabricated. Like, I have a belief that if I wear my placenta in a necklace, there’s a possibility of me gaining second sight—like being psychic. I would be wearing it whether or not I was in the public eye. I’m just honest about the things I believe in. For instance, I went yesterday to a past-life regressionist, and he told me that in my past life I was assassinated. I’m pretty sure that I was JFK in my past life.”

I'm not sure if she was being serious or not... but either way, she's got one strong opinion... on life, I guess you could sum up. Although I may be in love with SOME of her style choices, I'm not that bold, and would NEVER EVER mention possibly wearing a placenta around my neck.
ugh, gross.

However, I was wearing leather, and sparkles, which I do consider essential "Ke$ha" items. So, the vid above HAD TO BE featured. (yes, I know this song came out a couple weeks ago, but I am still obsessed).



Featured is a grey t-shirt adorned with silver sequins, paired with skinny dark blue jeans and a leather jacket. I threw a silver hobo bag (purse) into the mix.


For the record, I love sparkles, elephants, leather, feathers, tribal paint (not on MY body), and I guess you could throw in men that resemble Jesus into the mix. Above and beyond all those things, Ke$ha stands out, more dominant than the rest. Although she can be a bit crazy, and possibly more, she has a wicked sense of (her own) style.

xox
I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment