Pages

3.3.10

tribal.

Tegan and Sara, Alligator.Inspiration for today's experimental outfit?


I found a poncho that my Oma (yes, my grandmother is German.) crocheted for me a while back when ponchos were all the rage. When I saw the music video "Alligator" by Tegan and Sara, I was ultimately reminded of this lovely piece of clothing. I haven't worn it in ages by the way, so I decided to spice it up with a tribal (summery?) look, which is in for summer. See Dries Van Noten designs below for the Spring 2010 collection... Besides the humongous head scarves being oh so cozy looking, the song is extremely catchy and the dance moves are upbeat, making me feel all happy and warm inside :D.

Sorry for the multiple photo shots in advance...

To look like Tegan and Sara, I put the poncho around my neck and pulled it over my head, to represent a scarf. I braided a stand in my hair and paired it with a black headband for a tribal infused hippie look.

Featured here is the selection of jewelry for today, which consists of three large wooden bangles, accompanied by a wooden beaded necklace trandsformed into a bracelet.

I decided to deck myself out, and wear two wooden beaded necklaces, one of them featuring claw like shapes. uber neato.

The poncho as a shirt, above and below. Fastened with a thrifted brown belt to makeshift the knitted coverup into a hippie style shirt.

Another shot. As I said before, sorry for the multiple shots :P Notice the detail of the poncho, with its detailed fringe :)



And to the runway!
Dries Van Noten's Spring 2010 Collection.
Here are just some snipits from the ready to wear collection, which featured lovely tribal prints, flowy skirts,large sunglasses and decorative jewelry. The gorgeous pastel colours enfuse the clothing with the feeling of spring, bringing sunshine wherever worn, even in the darkest of places. Click here to see the rest of the collection.




No comments:

Post a Comment