Pages

6.3.10

spring cleaning.

Londontown has been blessed with the most beautiful weather lately. The sun rises in the morning and shines brightly through a cloudless sky until 6 o'clock almost! It's absolutely wonderful. I know I have been complaining about the winter weather lately, but these past couple of days, I have no complaints whatsoever.
To recap, last night, I went to see Alice in Wonderland. I LOVED IT. I loved the plot line, the wondrous costumes, and the overall "Tim Burton" effect. I'll describe some things to you, and later, when I have more time (darn studying), I will post pictures. If you happen to go see the movie yourself, look out for these things:
-The Red Queen's hair (you can see roses if you look closely)
-The Red Queen's outfit. It is a gorgeous corset, adorned with lace, pearls and beads
-The White Queen's necklace. It is a beautifully crafted white and silver pearl piece of art, accompanied with lace
-Alice's red outfit. It is made out of drapes, and you can see the drapery within.
-The Red Queen's sunglasses. They are hearts!
-The Mad Hatter's makeup. Absolutely wonderlandish.
-The Mad Hatter's outfit. It is madderly fashion worthy.

"Have I gone mad?"
"Yes, you've gone completely bonkers. But let me tell you a secret. All the best people in the world are." - Alice.

So as I am sitting here, sipping my tea in the sunshine, I am dreaming about all the curious things in the movie. If you haven't seen it yet, run out to the nearest theatre and watch it. Highly recommended.

And on to today's creation...

Plain and boring (dress below). I found it in a thrift store, and fell in love with the vintage buttons and the navy colour of the dress, however, when I put it on, I looked like I was stepping out of a 1920's farm scene. Not the look I was going for... So, I chopped it up :)
I shortened the legnth, rolled up the sleeves and paired it with a black tight belt from Forever 21.


ET VIOLA.


J'adore.

Sorry for the short post, but I really do have to run (not physically, but somewhat metaphorically?)... I need to work on a bunch of things for school. woo.. and I need to get outside and enjoy this lovely weather. I hope you get a chance to as well! (If you go to see the movie, wait until dark so you get the optimal amount of sunshine time.) Just a tip.
byeeeeeeee

...
Kay I couldn't leave. I was searching on one of my favourite print on demand websites and found some really neat Alice in Wonderland memorabilia.








No comments:

Post a Comment