Pages

29.8.11

259 Host- Delectable Indian Cuisine (with a Seafood Twist)


This Saturday night, I had the pleasure of going out to dinner with my parents to a wonderful Indian restaurant in downtown Toronto. 259 Host is a elegant and modern hotspot located at 259 Wellington Street, right beside the Marriott. As soon as I sat down, the mix of traditional smells and trendy artwork created an amazing atmosphere that was truly and exceptionally enjoyable.
As one of my best friends is Indian, I am no newcomer to the Indian cuisine and what spices and dishes it entails. However, I was surprised and amazed by the creations that wound up at our table. Although I was stuffed to the brim, I couldn't help but eat more because it was absolutely delicious. We ordered around six or seven dishes and somehow managed to finish them all. For starters, we had straight martinis accompanied with a sample dish of samosas, and crusted goat cheese crumpets with mango sauce. We then enjoyed giant grilled scallops with a fine tomato and herb paste, an an order of goat cheese and spinach filled naan. (omg, yum). And for the grand finale, we all ordered (yes, the same dish because it is superb), two lobster tails in a subtle curry sauce. I don't know how they managed it, but the lobster tails were cooked to perfection, and popped out of the shell so easily, they almost slipped out. Pictures definitely don't do the meal justice- once again, it was truly amazing. If you have the chance, do go and enjoy a wonderful evening there. 




No comments:

Post a Comment