Pages

23.3.10

cherry bomb and Dakota Fanning's nail polish.



Dakota Fanning, I am in love with your 15 year old self. I wish, at that point in my life I was as fashionable, and as cute as you are!
I was looking for some light tv watching before I hit my head against my pillow, and I came across her adorable face, and George Lopez's... possibly not so much.
Anyway, Dakota promo-ed her new video, where she is casted along with Kristen Steward in "The Runaways".
Dakota quotes that the music played by the band is actually 'really cool and she wishes more people her age would listen to it'.
Then she went into a cute story about how her mom made her sign a contract on how she will NEVER get a tattoo (this was at the age of 11!). I guess being a celeb makes parents uber protective.
A special appearance was made by Kat Von D, and Dakota got a surpise 'tattoo' related gift. (YAY PERMANENT MARKERSSSS)



watch this trailer (for sick clothes, sassy teen girls and an explanation for Dk Fan's fake tat) Cherie Bomb... keep that in mind.
-----





One things forsure, I'm going to see this just for the clothes... Once I have more time to actually reflect on everything that is happening in this trailer, I will most definitely post about it.
Fun fact of the day: Dakota's character that she plays (Cherie Currie), was actually the same age as Dakota. FIFTEEN. Makes me wonder what I'm doing with my life. Not actually though, but to be introduced to all those vices when you just enter teen hood? For me, that concept is quite insane, but if it never happened, then our world would be sans 'the runaways'. sad sad world.
Go listen to their tunes! They're really good!

SO TO RELATE THIS TO SOMETHING BESIDES SEX DRUGS AND ROCK AND ROLL (as definitely seen in the trailer),
I noticed Dakota's cute nail polish while she was on Lopez Tonight. It was a cute but sexy shade of yellow.
Which reminded me that OPI has recently launched their new line of colors for the summer, which was inspired by the one and only HONG KONG.

  • Bling Dynasty: A char-"ming" gold that shimmers and glimmers
  • Red My Fortune Cookie: And this rich red is in my future
  • Hot & Spicy: A sizzling coral that’s a kung pao wow!
  • Dim Sum Plum: A berry delectable delicacy
  • Jade is the New Black: The vibrant green is the new fashion vibe
  • Suzi Says Feng Shui: A serene cobalt blue to balance your yin yang
  • A Good Man-darin is Hard to Find: But you've found it- in this zesty red-orange!
  • Lucky Lucky Lavender: Be pretty and prosperous in this luscious light purple
  • Meet Me on the Star Ferry: A Kowloon-lit, moonlit violet
  • Panda-monium Pink: Lend a panda a hand-a in this uproarious light pink
  • Pearl of Wisdom: Smart girls choose this lustrous pearl shade
  • Chop-sticking to My Story: I mean it- "pick up" this warm caramel shade
-From Beauty Anonymous

As for my outfit as today goes, I played it casual, (due to the cold weather), but did a really neat braid featured as a head band (thing).


Black tank, jeans, peacoat and a thrifted brown belt.


No comments:

Post a Comment