Pages

4.11.10

a perfect november 4th mojito.

For all you crazy people who are facing the cold and going out downtown with minimal fear on how cold your bones will feel tonight, I applaud you. As for me, I'd rather just stay in and drink these. Maybe if I drank enough I could be convinced to leave my warm couch. Cheers.

xx

Picture and mixing instructions found at Muy Bueno Cookbook

Persimmon Mojito
Ingredients
Crushed ice
6 ounces light rum
8-10 mint sprigs
4 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
Simple syrup (about 4 tablespoons sugar to 4 tablespoons water combined) to taste
2-3 tablespoons persimmon puree, (fuyu variety)
Club soda
2 lime slices
Directions
Puree persimmons (remove skin), in a blender or juicer.
Place ice in a beverage shaker, add rum, bruised mint leaves, lime juice, and sugar mixture. Shake well and serve over ice in a high ball glass. Add the persimmon puree and combine gently, and top off with club soda. Garnish with a lime wedge and mint leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment